20 Great First Date Questions
Don't worry you won't be tongue-tied, or look stupid after reading this
This is no secret, dating can be a real pain and nothing is worse than a first date, especially with someone that you hardly know. You both will be there staring at each other with that awkward silence hanging in the air. You may even wonder why it's easy for you to start conversations with people you just met, but hard when the person is a date.
A foolproof way to ensure that conversation will always be flowing is to simply ask your date things, although—given the fact that we never know how comfortable others are with casual conversation—that might be easier said than done. The trick to successfully vetting a prospect on a first date, while simultaneously keeping the energy light and fun, is knowing what questions to ask and how to ask them. For example, work, his or her family, hobbies, pop culture, and favourite music are all surefire bets. Four things never to ask her or him about on a first date? Politics, religion, exes, and salary. Too serious, too fast!
If you’re savvy, you’ll realise that certain questions–even the most basic ones—have the ability to tell a lot about a person. Here, we’ve suggested a series of questions to ask your date during each.
1. Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
2. What kinds of things really make you laugh?
3. What’s your favourite place in the entire world?
4. Who is your best friend? What do you like about him/her?
5. Favourite movie of all time? Why so?
6. What’s your biggest goal in life right now?
7. What is your favourite way to spend a Saturday?
8. Do you have any pet?
9. What was your family like growing up?
10. What were you like as a kid?
11. What should I know about you that I’d never think to ask about?
12. Did you—or do you—have a nickname? What’s the story behind it?
13. Who was your favourite schoolteacher or college professor? Why?
14. Have you figured out your calling in life? What is it?
15. What do you hate most about the dating process? (Tell me so I can avoid it!)
16. What do you like to do when you’re not working?
17. What type of music are you into?
18. Have you travelled anywhere cool lately/do you have any trips coming up?
19. Have you read any good books recently?
20. What’s on your bucket list?
- The Most Anticipated Movies Of 2017 Previous Post
- How To Make Ewa Agoyin Next Post