Amazing Ways To Use Avocado On Your Skin
Benefits of the amazing avocado by incorporating it into your beauty routine
It’s undeniable that avocados are one of world’s healthiest fruits. They are nutritious, tasty, budget friendly and yes, versatile. You can use avocadoes for various purposes. Whether in your Smoothie, or eat it raw, or as topping on salad, or add some to a Taco. If you ever get tired of eating them, you can use avocado in your beauty routine too. Actually, considering the many, varied benefits, you’ll probably want to continue doing both.
The Avocado fruit contains vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and vital mono-unsaturated fatty acids. Little wonder why Avocado is listed in the ingredients of so many beauty and health products.
Take advantage of the many benefits of the amazing avocado by incorporating it into your beauty routine. Here are six (6) amazing ways to use Avocado;
The natural oils in an avocado can penetrate deep into the skin, and are very similar to the natural oils on your skin. It is also very nourishing and helps to soften, slough away dead skin cells and hydrate dry and flaky patches.
- Combine the mashed flesh of a fully ripe Avocado with a tablespoon of raw honey and a tablespoon of plain yogurt.
- Simply spread it across your body, leave on for 10 to 15 minutes,
- Shower or bathe in lukewarm water and pat dry.
Both men and women experience dandruff. It is caused by flaking of dead skin tissues. As dandruff loves a dry scalp, moisturizing is key to preventing those flakes. Avocados helps to rejuvenate and moisturize, while its rich supply of proteins, amino acids and vitamins work to soothe the scalp.
- Mash up the flesh of an avocado in a bowl until there are no large chunks remaining. Add 2 tablespoons of raw honey, 2 drops of Tea Tree Oil and 10 drops of Argan oil.
Mix Avocado, olive oil and egg to make hair mask. Sure, it’s pretty sticky, but you won’t regret slathering it on when you end up with super smooth and luminous strands.
- Mix until it becomes creamy and smooth.
- Use gloves to apply the mask directly to your scalp.
- Press it in while gently massaging using the fingertips.
- Allow it to sit for about 20 minutes and then rinse thoroughly before shampooing as usual.
Fights wrinkles and other signs of premature aging
We all envy our favourites celebrities virtually flawless complexion, Kate Blanchett for instance is so beautiful, we love her but our budget doesn’t allow us to stock up on her skincare favourite, SK-II. Anti-wrinkle creams can run upwards of several hundred dollars, and many of them aren’t all that effective and come with a host of potentially harmful ingredients too. However, we certainly can afford to spend less on an Avocado to whip up an antioxidant and amino acid-rich mask that will target fine lines, crow’s feet and other signs of aging.
- Combine the mashed flesh of a ripe avocado with a tablespoon of Coconut Oil in a bowl.
- Apply it to your face and allow it to sit for 30 minutes before rinsing.
- Once you rinse it off, your skin will feel incredibly soft and, over time, those signs of aging will be diminished.
Treatment of sunburn
Avocado oil is a good Sun Protection Formula. In fact, Avocado Oil is said to have the highest natural SPF among all vegetable oils. It will protect against both UVA and UVB rays as well as protecting the skin against environmental damage, due to its high level of powerful antioxidants. Perhaps, you haven’t used Avocado Oil as SPF for your skin and find yourself with nasty sunburn. It is not too late, you can still use avocado to ease the pain and prevent chafing.
- Mash up half of a fully ripe avocado
You can also mix in a tablespoon of Aloe Vera Gel to further aid in calming the burn as well as rehydrating the skin.
- Apply it directly to the affected areas.
Healthier, Stronger nails
The rich composition of Avocado (Plant Protein, Folate, Vitamin E, Fatty Acids...) helps those who eat avocado grow stronger, healthier nails. Avocados are one of the best foods you can eat for healthy nails.
- Eat Avocado
- Apply Avocado oil directly on your nails
- Massage it into both nails and cuticles every night
Significant changes can be seen within few days.
Many of us suffer from dry, rough hands, especially during seasons when the air is so dry. But thanks to the practically miraculous benefits of Avocado, you can use it to nourish and moisturize those hands to make them feel nice and soft again. It’s quick and easy to mix up and the results are immediate. Your hands will soon be back to their dewy, moist, midsummer’s best – even in the heart of the driest seasons.
- Mash up Avocado,
- Add 1-teaspoon of extra virgin Olive Oil,
- Add 5 drops of Patchouli essential oil,
- Add 1/8 cup of Sugar,
- Stir Mixture well,
- Apply mixture on your hands, scrub your hands with it for several minutes concentrating on the driest areas,
- Rinse well with lukewarm water,
- Pat your hands dry then apply your favourite moisturizer,
- Place the remainder of the mixture into a lidded glass container and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Repeat the application one to two times each day for three days, and by the end of that three-day period.
You’ll be amazed at how baby soft your hands are.
- 6 Fruits You Should Never Ever Peel Previous Post